Wednesday, September 21, 2011

MAC Me Over Deep Blue Sea Nail Lacquer Review and Swatches

One of the four new shades of nail lacquer for the MAC Me Over collection, Deep Blue Sea (LE $18.00 CA) is not all that blue as the name would suggest. It actually runs a very slightly teal forest green creme. A perfect, vampy shade for fall and a nice counter part to the darker colours seen in the Evil Eye portion of the collection.

Deep Blue Sea is medium opacity, and I needed two medium thick coats to reach full opacity. I found if I tried to apply thin coats the polish streaked badly. It's a very nice colour, different but sophisticated, and even my boyfriend, who is usually indifferent to all things make up related gave it his seal of approval.

First photo in natural light, second photo with flash.





In general, I do find MAC polishes to chip fairly fast, usually within 1-2 days of application. However, I also believe that I am unusually hard on my polish given my work (I'm an artist and I wash my hands about a million times a day). That being said, Deep Blue Sea wears like other MAC polishes on me. Not very long lasting, but I like the colour enough that I'm willing to put up with it. For reference, I use Seche Vite base and top coat.

J

No comments:

Post a Comment