- Starting with a jolt, here's MUA Charlotte Tilbury recreates a starry-eyed look worn by Kate Moss. And I mean starry-eyed.
- What sort of beauty tips can you find in a 1932 beautician text book?
- Do you conceal your dark undereye circles? Maybe you shouldn't. Maybe none of us should.
- An interview with Frank Toskan, co-founder of MAC Cosmetics. If you love MAC, read this.
- A few weeks ago, we featured a Lisa Eldridge video where she did a Downton Abbey-inspired makeup look on Downton Abbey star, Laura Carmichael (she plays Lady Edith). In this video she takes that barely-there makeup look to an evening, red carpet look.
- Another video by Lisa Eldridge, this one a fantastic casually-chic evening look that looks great but doesn't look like you tried too hard.
- We all wash our hair, but how many of us are doing it correctly? Check out this Allure.com article about how to do it the right way.
- MUA Ashlee Glazer shows how to look holiday party ready in just 5 minutes, how to look great with a post-holiday party hangover, and how to look fresh after a long flight home for the holidays.
- Face mapping and how your breakouts are (may be) linked to your overall health and how to prevent them.
- 12 beauty products that can (almost) change your life.
- Here are some weird beauty tricks. Do you have any of your own?
- If you wear liquid or gel eye liner, you know how easy it is to mess it up, even if you've been doing it for years. Here's how you can fix it if you do.
- It's winter in Canada, so the air is colder (outside) and dryer (both inside and outside), and it's holiday season (food, drink, late nights, stress). Here are some beauty fixes to help you deal with the season.
- How to fight dry lips, wine-stained teeth and everything else cold weather brings.
- The end of liquid liner woes and how to achieve dewy skin in the winter.
- Alternative spa treatments (vibrating chairs, crystal healing, PEMF (electromagnetic energy)) that actually feel great.
- How to apply false lashes, step by step.
- How to get a sexy, youthful eyebrow, just with a spoolie brush and some brow gel.
- Makeup product names and marketing seem to be getting saucier and saucier. Remember when the name Orgasm (the iconic NARS blush) was risqué? Product names used to be Fire and Ice, and Dusky Heather while now more and more products have names like Snatch, Spunk, Bang, Perversion and Full Frontal.
- Four women have launched a class action lawsuit against Sephora after the disastrous 20% off sale a few weeks ago. The lawsuit alleges discrimination, that Sephora purposely blocked customers from making online purchases because they are of Chinese descent.
Sunday, November 23, 2014
Beauty Squared Round-Up for November 23, 2014
Hello! There's a whole lotta beauty stuff to share with you this morning and I'm on my second cup of Yorkshire Gold, so let's do this! Hope you enjoy.