Monday, October 3, 2011

Burt's Bees Naturally Nourishing Milk & Honey Body Lotion Review


Burt's Bees has reformulated their Milk & Honey body lotion and renamed it as Naturally Nourishing Milk & Honey Body Lotion.  I received two samples (pictured above) recently on the street and thought I'd do a review on it. 

Here's what a full-size bottle looks like. It comes in tubes of 70g ($6.99 CDN) or 170g ($12.99 CDN).


Burt's Bees claims that its Naturally Nourishing Milk & Honey Body Lotion gives your skin 24 hour nourishment. 

For normal to dry skin, this luxurious, lightweight lotion goes to work the minute you apply it, and it’s clinically proven to moisturize for up to 24 hours. Milk nourishes while honey helps to soften skin; plus, coconut and grape seed oils and vitamin E deliver beneficial nutrients to the skin. Our dermatologist-tested formula absorbs quickly but stays with you all day and night.

So what did I find when I tried it? One sample is 7 mL and was enough to use one my whole body. I had originally anticipated to have enough to use on my legs so I was surprised there was so much. While the lotion seems thick, it does warm and thin quite a bit when you're applying it so a little goes a long way. 

The scent is creamy and sweet - exactly what you might imagine a milk and honey lotion would smell like - and pleasant. 

My skin felt instantly soothed and moisturized. The lotion absorbed fairly quickly and the feeling didn't go away. I used it after my shower in the morning and my skin still felt just as wonderful at the end of the day. I can't say that about a lot of lotions I've used. I would definitely recommend this lotion and buy it for myself. 

I was impressed too by the sample packaging. It's a laminated cardboard, which fits well with the brand's natural branding. I wish more samples were constructed using cardboard packaging.

*It should be noted that while Burt's Bees touts itself as a natural brand, the company is owned by Clorox. You can read more about this on a previous Beauty Squared post here

Have you tried Burt's Bees Naturally Nourishing Milk & Honey Body Lotion?  Do you love Burt's Bees? Tell us!

C.

No comments:

Post a Comment