Monday, April 2, 2012

March Glymm Box


Here is what was inside my March Glymm box. I was disappointed with my Glymm box this month, mainly because most of the items inside I will not or cannot use. Let's take a look.




Inside the box

In my March Glymm box I received a bottle of Ocean nail polish, two samples from M.Asam and some NuMe feather hair accessories. 


NuMe Feather Hair Extensions
NuMe Feather Hair Extensions: Get professional-grade DIY feather extensions instantly! A beauty trend that definitely STANDS OUT. Coloured hair trends have been prevalent on the hottest Spring 2012 runways. NuMe extensions are 100% cruelty free, synthetically crafted from real human hair and ready for heat styling. Don't be shy, flaunt that feather!

These are cool, but I'm not sure they're me. I do know they're too long for my hair. I've checked the website and there's no mention of being able to trim them. I might wear some of these if they were about half the length that they currently are. It is a full-size product though, not just a sample, so there's that going for it.

M.Asam Perfect Teint and M.Asam Magic Fini
M.Asam Perfect Teint: Instant Perfection! It fills in fine lines and evens out the complexion of the skin for a flawless, satiny-smooth, matte finish. It settles into lines and wrinkles making them appear invisible, and leaves skin feeling velvety-soft with its silicone-based texture.


M.Asam Magic Fini: This silky formula blends beautifully into your skin to conceal uneven skin tone for a light, matte, natural-looking finish. It smoothes away the appearance of wrinkles, enlarged pores and imperfections to reveal a sun-kissed health skin tone. It's magical.


The Perfect Teint sample is the one item I received that I can and will use. It's a primer, that mattifies, smoothes and evens out my skin tones. I wish it weren't quite so matte, but otherwise, I like the effect it has on my skin.


The Magic Fini is too dark for my skintone, so I gave this to a friend whose skintone it matches.


Ocean Nail Polish
Ocean Nail Polish: A true trend-topper, Ocean Nail Polish Spring 2012 collection boasts shades that are vibrant, pastel and intense. This luscious lacquer applies super smoothly and streak free, and is fast-drying without containing any toxins. It's sold in upscale salons around the USA and Europe.

Oddly I cannot find anything online about Ocean nail polish. I love nail polish and I'd love to wear this, but it's not a colour I'd ever wear. What's the point of wearing nail polish if it looks like you aren't wearing anything, I say! I'll give this to a friend who likes these nude shades. It's not for me.

So there you have it. I think this was the most disappointing monthly box I've received yet. And where are the jelly beans, Glymm? It's been a few months since you gave us some of those!

C.

3 comments:

  1. I actually love MagicFini even though it's dark. I apply it prior to applying foundation....it smoothes out my skin and primes it very well..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do they make other shades of it? I just assumed I'd been sent a bottle of the wrong shade. I don't doubt that it's a good product. Just I can't properly wear it and review it since it was so much darker than my skin tone.

    C.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I few people have mentioned using this as a BB cream. (I think, THINK I've seen this before in Asia). It REALLY sheers out, it definitely isn't as dark as it looks. I'm much lighter than the MagicFini, but it still looks okay against my skin!

    ReplyDelete