Thursday, June 21, 2012

La Roche-Posay Ceralip Lip Repair Cream Review

Living in a very dry climate and having full lips means applying loads of lip balm on a continuous basis. La Roche-Posay recently sent their new Ceralip Lip Repair Cream to Beautysquared for review.



Ceralip comes in a 15 ml slanted applicator tube and retails for approximately $15.00 CA . It has a very smooth, silky and non-greasy texture which is reminiscent of Smashbox Photofinish Primer. It is very lightweight and never feels sticky or waxy and has a natural matte finish.

This product is fragrance and paraben free and La Roche-Posay indicates it's suitable for sensitive and skin post-medical treatment. I do not suffer from either conditions, but I do have chronically dry lips. I found the texture of this product nice and lightweight and I appreciate that it is not sickly sweet smelling or tasting like so many other lip balms.

It does a satisfactory job of keeping my lips moist, though I did find it tended to wear off faster than my standby Chapstick. Although it definitely feels more natural and less cloying on my lips than a waxy balm like Chapstick, I found I needed to apply it more frequently than I would a waxier balm. One way in which this product would excel would be to use it as a primer under lipstick, because it's not waxy or greasy, it won't dilute lip colour or alter it's texture.

Overall this lip balm is good. It's definitely on the pricier end for a lip balm, but perhaps for people with sensitive skin who react to cheaper brands, the higher cost would be worth it. I have a small criticism to make of the packaging. The opening that the product comes out of has a slightly rough edge on the tube I received and therefore makes the balm a little scratchy to apply. I could have just received a defective tube but it is a small detail that I noted.

Grade: B

J


No comments:

Post a Comment