Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Charlotte Tilbury Luxury Palette in The Rebel: Review, Swatches and Photos

On a recent trip to London, I was lucky enough to stumble upon a sneak preview of super star makeup artist Charlotte Tilbury's new makeup line. 

The day I was there they were previewing and selling Tilbury's new Luxury Palette eye shadows and her Colour Chameleon eye shadow pencils. After much swatching and bemoaning the fact that I was on a budget, I purchased two Luxury Palettes - The Rebel and The Uptown Girl. Today I have The Rebel for review (£38.00, approximately $62.00 CD).




Tilbury's palettes are built around four coloured coded shadows (clockwise from top left). The Prime shade is applied all over the lid, the Enhance shade goes in the crease, the outer v, and along the top and bottom lash lines. The Smoke shade deepens the crease, outer v and the top and bottom lash lines, while the Pop shade is applied directly to the middle of the lid with the fingertips for a pop of glitter. You can watch Tilbury's  video tutorial for The Rebel palette here.

Photos taken in natural light, swatches on NC 40 skin.



1. Prime - shimmery cream with a slight pink overtone
2. Enhance - bright, pigmented grass green shimmer
3. Smoke - a deep, pigmented teal
4. Pop - a creamy smokey khaki with tons of golden shimmer




The texture and pigmentation of the shadows are outstanding - they are incredibly creamy, easy to blend and highly pigmented. The Pop shade formula is identical to the glitter shadows in Tom Ford's quads or Bobbi Brown's Sparkle Eye Shadows, they are exceptionally creamy and easy to apply with little fall out. The Rebel's Pop shade has a well pigmented base shade for the glitter to sit in - many of the other Pop shades have a sheerer base and therefore give more glitter than colour. I also love that Tilbury has included three shades of green all with different undertones (warm, cool and neutral).



The packaging for the palettes is unique and elegant with a slim burgundy case and a gold, art deco inspired "CT" logo on the front. Inside is a full sized mirror, with a tiny etched star in the upper right corner and a gold cover with Tilbury's name embossed in it. I appreciate that Tilbury has designed the packaging to be luxurious but still lightweight and sleek. I also appreciate that Tilbury has not included any (useless) tiny applicators or brushes - eye shadows of this caliber should be applied with good brushes!

If you can't already tell from my glowing review, I am incredibly impressed with this palette. If TIlbury's Luxury Palette eye shadows are any indication of the quality of the rest of her line, this is going to be a killer line...if only my trip to London had been a few days longer I would have been able to see her whole collection and purchase her two eye brushes which I so badly wanted! I haven't been this excited over a line of cosmetics since I discovered Le Metier de Beaute a few years ago. 

Charlotte TIlbury's line is currently only available at Selfridges in the UK and online . Currently her online store only ships to the UK but let's keep our fingers crossed that they offer international shipping very, very soon!

Grade: A+

P.S: Stay tuned for the FOTD I did with The Rebel palette on Catherine!

P.P.S: As a quick aside, Charlotte Tilbury herself was at her pop up counter! I have to admit I was a little star struck when I realized she was there...she's so glamorous and chic with her signature "feline flick" look.

J


2 comments:

  1. Hi
    I am excited to see a positive review on the Charlotte Tilbury eye palettes.I am waiting for my uptown girl and glamour muse to arrive.ready to hit the buy button on a few more-looking forward to your FOTD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Makeupremastered

      I think you will be very pleased with her eye palettes, the texture and quality of her shadows are so pigmented and creamy...as good as Le Metier de Beaute! I bought Uptown Girl too, check back soon for my review of that one.

      J

      Delete