Here's what we've got for this week:
- A very pretty, wearable, coppery-gold soft smoky eye on actress Kate Mara.
- Another smoky eye, this one a subtle version of a punk look on beauty blog The Notice.
- It's almost spring (really, it is) and orange is one of the colours for lips on trend for warmer weather. Fashion Magazine's Beauty Panel shows you how to wear it.
- Matcha nail polish. I'm not sure why you'd want to do this (matcha is expensive!), unless you bought some, tried it, and didn't like the taste. But if you're one of those people, check out this tutorial.
- Pops of bright pink from Cover Girl!
- The Perfect365 app allows you to "photoshop" your selfies. Errr, great. One of XOJane's beauty writers, Alle, decided to recreate the selfies she'd created using Perfect365 using makeup. See the results (and her terrifying Perfect365 selfies) here.
- Cleansing oils, oh how wonderful they can be especially in cold and dry climates. Check out some of the best here.
- Matte nude lipstick shades are very chic but those who don't have light skintones may find it challenging to find a flattering shade for them. Here are some picks for light, medium and dark brown skintones, using pop star Rihanna, and actresses Zoe Saldana and Lupita Nyong'o as examples.
- The brilliant Santigold has a makeup collection coming out with Smashbox! It's called The Santigolden Age by Santigold for Smashbox Cosmetics, features eyeshadow palettes, lip gloss, nail stickers and a serpent lipstick ring (!), and it is bright, bold and very cool, just like Santigold herself.