- Skin finishes - luminous, matte and dewy - what is the difference, and how to get them. Spring time is the time to think skin.
- Speaking of skin, one of the latest (and oddest-titled) makeup trends is the "toddler glow". It's a makeup application technique that gives you that extremely youthful glow that yes, toddlers have.
- Bright eyeshadow colours for spring. Here's how to wear it so it isn't scary.
- Photos and swatches of the Proenza Schouler-MAC collection over on the Makeup and Beauty Blog.
- The best long-wearing lip products according to Allure, including MAC, Stila, OCC, Revlon and Wet & Wild.
- New beauty brand alert: NUDESTIX - all crayon (chubby stick) makeup for eyes, cheeks, lips and nails (?!) - launching at Space NK stores in May.
- Leandra Medine, aka Manrepeller, on why she doesn't wear makeup.
- A print ad for Chanel's new foundation features a lovely model with a disturbing neck, courtesy of Photoshop.
- National Geographic has a wonderful photo essay for their 125th anniversary issue. In it they look at what Americans will look like in 2050 - a striking and stunning mixing pot of features, skintones and hair colours. (It's a Nerve link, but it's safe for work as long as you don't explore any of the links on the page...)
Sunday, April 13, 2014
Beauty Squared Round-Up - April 13, 2014
Hello lovelies! It's time for our weekly round-up of the most clickable, most interesting, most shareable beauty-related links... Let's dig in.