- The awesome Tracy Peart, of Toronto's Breakfast Television and Cityline gives her tips for applying bronzer and blush.
- Ombré brows. Subtly ombré brows, I mean. Don't be scared.
- I need these tips this morning - how to depuff your eyes.
- We all love "holy grail" beauty product lists, right? Here's another one. Make your shopping list!
- Gorgeous Arianne of the Glitter Geek beauty blog shows you her favourite contouring products that have cheekbone effects ranging from "I woke up like this" to "Cumberbatch".
- Smoky purple is having a moment. Wear it on your eyes or nails with these products.
- The 60s mod eye is never out of style. Here's an updated version of it that uses a peachy shade on Cara Delevingne.
- Smoky eyes never go out of style either. Here are two of Kevyn Aucoin's classic techniques that break down the steps for you.
- There are lots of work-appropriate makeup looks, and night-out makeup looks and every-possible-event-you-can-think-of looks but are there any sex-proof makeup looks? I haven't come across one until now. Thank you, Nerve.
- Sam of Pixiwoo has an awesome Siouxsie Sioux punk/goth makeup tutorial up.
- And since there are super-dramatic eyebrows happening in that video, let's look at some horrifying eyebrows. Caveat: I don't know if these are all real brows or if there's photoshop/satire involved, but I think it's safe to say that these should be inspirational only for how NOT to do your eyebrows.
Sunday, April 20, 2014
Beauty Squared Round-Up - April 20, 2014
Hello lovelies! Another week has swept by in an instant, it seems and it's time again for our weekly Beauty Squared Round-Up. Are you ready?