Thursday, May 22, 2014

Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil 10L Copper Review and Swatches


This post features one of my favourite makeup products - Make Up For Ever's Aqua Eyes Eyeliner in 10L. The Aqua Eyes Eyeliners are part of MUFE's waterproof makeup liner which are truly budgeproof, even in the rain, even in humid conditions and even when swimming. 

I came across the the 10L liner at Sephora one day a few years ago and fell in love with the colour. It's not quite gold and it's not quite copper, it's a mix of the two. The shade is subtle enough but with the metallic shimmer, it's also got some oomph. I wear this on days when I want a natural look with a little extra something. 


The texture is creamy and smooth and the pigmentation is immediate. There's no need to go over and over to increase the effect.

Swatches! Lots of pretty swatches!






If you're looking for a long-lasting eyeliner, you can't do much better than the Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes Waterproof Eyeliner Pencils. I've worn 10L in the rain, on hot, sweaty and humid days in the city and while swimming. It does not smudge or budge one bit. It'd work really well for body art, I bet too. 

Have I talked about the colour yet? Spectacular. A beautiful blend of gold and copper that runs neutral, so it works for both warm and cool undertones and all eye colours. Specifically though, blue, brown and green eyes will pop with this colour. 

I absolutely adore this eyeliner pencil. I wear it all the time, as eyeliner just along my top lashline, all around my eyes and also as an eyeshadow. It works really well as a base. One thing that's neat about it is that if you apply it and then smudge it with your finger, or a Q-tip or a brush, you take away a lot of the metallic sheen. I do this if I want to work it into my lashline or smudge it up into my crease. I then go over it again to get the metallic sheen back. You have to work quickly since it sets quickly and it does not budge until you take it off with a good eye makeup remover, or with a cleansing oil. 

Grade: A

No comments:

Post a Comment