Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Rimmel Stay Blushed! Liquid Cheek Tint in Sunkissed Cherry Review, Photos and Swatches


Rimmel's Stay Blushed! Liquid Cheek Tint is a cream blush that comes in five shades and retails for somewhere around $5-$8 CDN. If you are a fan of cream blush, these are definitely worth checking out since they're readily available (Rimmel is a drugstore brand), and inexpensive. 

Cream blushes are worth knowing about because they give a very natural flush of colour, and a very natural (not powdery) finish. They are easy to blend and can be worn on their own, or layered under a powder blush for dimension. Cream blushes are fantastic for dry skin because powder blush on top of dry skin can enhance the dry appearance. Using cream blushes (and cream products) can give the skin a natural sheen, whether you prefer a dewy or more natural effect. 

I first heard about Rimmel's Stay Blushed! Liquid Cheek Tint in a Lisa Eldridge tutorial featuring Alexa Chung. Because I don't have a lot of cream blushes in my makeup collection, I was intrigued by a drugstore brand that a pro MUA was using on a celebrity. So I went out to buy the colour she used - Sunkissed Cherry.

The Rimmel Stay Blushed! Liquid Cheek Tints are packaged in a small white plastic tube and contain 0.47 fl. oz/14 mL of product. Here is the tube of 004 Sunkissed Cherry in my hand to show the size. 


Instructions

Ingredients

Sorry about the messy tip!
Sunkissed Cherry isn't what I'd call liquid, it's more of a mousse texture. From what I've seen online, the others in this line are also mousse-like textures, apart from 002 Touch of Berry. I actually prefer the drier, thicker texture of these to say a cheek stain liquid texture as it's easier to work with. 

It's also not what I'd call a cherry colour. Cherry is a pink-red, and this is definitely more of an orange with some pink in it, definitely a coral shade. 

Swatched on NW15 skintone
You do not need a lot of product to start with, so it's good that this is a small, squeezable tube. You can control how much comes out. With a pump, it's more difficult to control. 

Once blended out, it becomes much more liquidy. I have a lot on my hand in these photos, and this is far more than I'd used on my cheeks, but I wanted to show you how much pigment you can get from this product and also, why it's best to start with a little and to add if needed.

Sunkissed Cherry starts out wet and dries so you need to work fairly quickly. I'd say it dries to the point of being tough to work with after a minute or so. I am able to work with it easily within this time, and layer it as needed. 

In the first photo, it's just slightly blended out, and quite wet looking. 



In this second photo, it's sheered out even further, and it's dried a bit as well. 


And finally, here it is fully dry. Obviously, unless you were going for a theatrical Nutcracker look, you would not have these strong edges. But you can see how it dries without looking dry and how the skin still shows through. 


And here it is on my face. Sometimes I wear it for a natural flush of colour on days that I want a natural look, and I also will wear it layered under a powder blush if I want more of an impact. 



Wear-wise, this is a pretty longwearing product. I have combination skin - oily in the t-zone and drier on the cheeks. In the winter, my cheeks are normal to dry and in the summer, normal to oily, and this wears well all year round. I like that in the winter it allows my skin to have a healthy, non-dry texture, and in the summer, I like that it lasts despite the oily nature of my skin, and the heat and humidity. I do tend to layer a power blush on top in the summer to increase the longevity of it though. 

I plan to pick up the other shades because this is quite inexpensive and I'm impressed by Sunkissed Cherry. 

Grade: A

C.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not usually a massive fan of cream blushes but this shade is super pretty and looks lovely on you! It's definitely affordable as well considering that tube would last forever! Great post lovely xx

    Sarah | Bows & Pleats

    ReplyDelete