Monday, March 14, 2011

Olay ProX Intensive Firming Treatment Review



Olay's ProX Intensive Firming Treatment is a set of five pre-packaged, intensive treatment masks and a skin tightening serum that you use consecutively for five days in order to give your skin intense moisture and firming. 

Here's what Olay has to say: 
Pro-X Intensive Firming Treatment is a highly effective way to hydrate skin and improve elasticity for skin that looks significantly younger in five days.


Each Intensive Treatment Mask contains as much moisturizer as a full-size bottle of product. The mask is made of a flexible material that stretches to fit the unique contours of your face. It delivers volume-boosting hydration to improve skin's elasticity. After five days, your skin looks significantly younger.




Skin Tightening Serum immediately tightens skin and reduces the look of expression lines. Then, this unique formula hydrates to help increase skin's natural fullness for firmer skin.






We each used the masks and serum and here are our impressions.


Jill: Generally, I liked this product. I live in an excessively dry, cold climate and I did find that the mask helped alleviate the dry, wind burned skin on my cheeks. I did find that there was a firming feeling,  upon using th serum, and especially after directly after removing the mask. However, I can't say whether that effect is in part due to the evaporation of the water from the product on the skin, or  the actual product itself. I don't really suffer from fine lines yet (keep your fingers crossed), so I don't think I'm the best judge for the firming aspect of this product.


I did find the mask very moisturizing. According to the information sent to us with the product, each individual mask contains the equivalent of a whole bottle of moisturizer! And while I did find this effective, I also feel that this is overkill. Simply put, your skin can only absorb so much product at one time, so I don't believe that this amount of product is necessary.


My biggest complaint about the system, and this says more about my schedule than anything else - is I find the timeline of the regimen unrealistic. I managed to follow it for three consecutive days, but as the week wore on and I got busier, I felt I just didn't have the time to devote to wearing the mask, especially when I only remembered at midnight. It didn't help that upon seeing me in the mask, my boyfriend exclaimed "Wow, that's INTENSE", intense meaning I looked like someone out of Silence of the Lambs. Was that fear I saw flash over his eyes?


Seriously though, this is a good product. Both the serum and the mask deliver on their promise of moisturizing and firming, although I can't say how dramatic the firming effects are given my skin type. I wish I had a another pack of it now, so I could use it to combat the endless winter I am experiencing out here in Edmonton.




Catherine: I applied the serum day and night and the masks nightly for four days. I found it all a bit too intensive for my skin. I began to break out so I stopped using the treatment. It could have been something else causing me to break out, so I also stopped using the moisturizer and cleanser I was using as well. I did go back and use the last mask about a week later, so I think this treatment doesn't necessarily have to be used as instructed - five days in a row. That can be difficult to schedule in on a busy schedule and may not be good for some skin types.


My skin felt very, very smooth and toned after each mask and the serum helped to extend that feeling. The next day, that feeling was diminished slightly but there was still a moisturized feeling that wouldn't have been there without the mask.


Wearing the masks was odd. Each one is pre-moistened and comes in foil pack. When the mask is taken out of the packet, it's cold and dripping with white goop. If you can get past that and get it on your face (shiver) then you leave it on for ten minutes or so. There are adjustable flaps to help it fit to your face, but the eye holes are TINY and considering you're supposed to avoid getting the goop into your eyes, that's difficult. I took a photo of myself in the mask, for your entertainment. I look like a serial killer. But you can also see how the mask doesn't go all the way up my forehead, has tiny eye holes, and large nose and mouth holes. I would've smiled, but the mask would've slipped if my face had moved at all. It was difficult to keep the chin flaps in place, as gravity kept causing them to slide off.


Anyway, if you've stopped laughing, here's me after removing the mask. See? My skin looked so nice I even took a photo of myself without a stitch of makeup on for you.




So there you have it, our review of the Olay ProX Intensive Firming Treatment. Have you tried this? What did you think? Tell us!

C&J

No comments:

Post a Comment