Monday, July 30, 2012

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Semi-Precious Rose Quartz Review and Photos


I picked up a Mineralize Skinfinish in Semi Precious Rose Quartz at the June Estee Lauder warehouse sale. It was originally released with last summer's MAC Semi Precious collection. 

It's a rosy pink base with an inner circle of silver, lime, white-pink and copper and designed to be worn as a highlighter. On lighter skintones, it's definitely workable as a blush on its own. 


The outer circle is a rosy pink but with a bit of yellow-gold which is a nearly universally flattering shade for most skintones. The inner circle is a cool looking combination of gold, white, silver, bronze, copper and green and it's glittery, not so much shimmery. Together the circles create a glowy pink-gold. It's great for a summertime glowy skin look. 

Here's how it looks on my skin.


See? PRETTY! I do find it is quite glittery and too glittery for day time, so what I do is use just the outer circle. Sometimes I use a cream blush or a matte colour blush underneath and top it with Semi Precious Rose Quartz for the shimmer oomph. In these photos however, it's just Semi Precious Rose Quartz so you can see how much colour it does have as well as the shimmer.

I love the texture of this MSF - it's silky and buttery and seems to just melt into my skin. 



I'm really happy with this purchase!

Grade: A

No comments:

Post a Comment