Thursday, July 19, 2012

NARS Dragon Girl Review, Photos and Swatches


NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil: The application of a lipstick combined with the convenience of a pencil in a jumbo crayon design. Lips are instantly saturated with rich pigments and a velvety matte finish. The long lasting, non-drying formula is enriched with emollients for a creamy texture, while a combination of unique silicones ensures long-lasting, seamless colour for hours. Use for lining, all-over lip colour, or pairing with another lip product. 

I decided I needed a red matte lipstick and spotted Dragon Girl online. It's a beautiful red, a blue-red with a velvety texture and it goes on smoothly and evenly. With these lip pencils, it's often the case that it'll wear down quickly but these Velvet Matte Lip Pencils barely wear down at all with one application. 



In fact, the photo below shows the pencil after two applications. I had bought it before an event and applied it twice in the evening. The pencil below barely looks used, apart from the product on the wood part. 



Here is Dragon Girl swatched on my hand (the black is a stripe of eyeliner so my camera had something to focus on). 



And here it is on my lips. The wear is very smooth and pleasant. I didn't feel like my lips were dry at all. I loved the colour on as well. It works very well with my skintone.

The pencil format is very easy to apply. I've actually applied without using a mirror it's that easy. Probably not recommended, but possible! That it's in pencil form means it has a smaller tip and makes it less messy. You have much more precision, which is important with bold colours.




Because Dragon Girl is a matte lipstick, it wears for a very good length in time. I'd say five hours although there is definitely some fading and it won't last as long if you are eating or drinking or kissing. There is very little transference though. My lips didn't feel dry while or after wearing it. 

You definitely could use Dragon Girl as a lipliner since it goes on so smoothly and has a dryer consistency. But it's not as dry as a lipliner, so it makes a fantastic lipstick and one with a real punch. I love this colour!

Grade: A+

No comments:

Post a Comment