Saturday, July 28, 2012

Olay Regenerist Wrinkle Revolution Complex Review

New to Olay's anti-aging line is Regenerist Wrinkle Revolution Complex, which according to Olay, is an anti-aging moisturizer designed to instantly relax the appearance of wrinkles, and "reduce the appearance of even deep eye lines in 14 days." This product is formulated with biopeptides, micro-fillers and a B3 complex to hydrate. This product retails for approximately $32.99 CA and can be found at drugstores.


Ingredients:

water, cyclopentasiloxane, glycerin, polyethylene, niacinamide*, propylene glycol, aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, dimethicone crosspolymer, panthenol**,dimethicone, polymethylsilsesquioxane, palmitoyl pentapeptide-4***, carnosine***, tocopheryl acetate^, camellia sinensis leaf extract^^, yeast extract, allantoin, disodium edta, acrylamide/sodium acryloyldimethyltaurate copolymer, c13-14 isoparaffin, peg-100 stearate, dmdm hydantoin, iodopropynyl butylcarbamate, laureth-4, laureth-7, ammonium polyacrylate, citric acid, fragrance, titanium dioxide. *vitamin b3, **provitamin b5, ***amino-peptide, ^vitamin e, ^^green tea

I have been using this product throughout the late winter and into the spring as a night moisturizer, on top of my other skin treatment (Differin 3X Gel). The texture of this moisturizer is true to Olay's "cashmere soft" description, it's smooth, silky and non-greasy. It has a pleasant, mild, slightly fruity scent.

In winter I found this product to be a good, but not excellent moisturizer. The climate I live in is in general very dry and in the winter, extremely dry - dry to the point where you feel like you need to smear Vaseline on your face before you leave the house to protect your skin from the cold. While I found this moisturizer perfect for my t-zone, it did leave my cheeks wanting for more. However, when the weather warmed up this product gave my skin sufficient moisture in all areas of my face.

Although I do not suffer from significant wrinkles yet, I did find that this product gave my skin a very smooth appearance and surface texture. This moisturizer feels and applies very much like a foundation primer. Indeed, the ingredients list dimethicone twice as an ingredient. Dimethicone is a silicon- based polymer (a synthetic oil) which is used for its lubricating and conditioning properties, and is used heavily in most foundation primers. It's this ingredient that, like it's inclusion in many primers, gives the skin a very smooth, almost "air brushed" finished. It is no surprise then that this product acts as an excellent base for foundation and concealers.

Because of my relative lack of noticeable wrinkles, I do not feel I can truly judge Olay's anti-wrinkle claims associated with this product. I will say that this moisturizer makes my skin feel well hydrated in the warmer months, smooth and more radiant. I would recommend this moisturizer to people with normal or combination skin who want an affordable anti-aging moisturizer. The only people I would not recommend this product to would be anyone who reacts and breakouts in response to silicone, or for someone with very dry skin.

Grade: B+


No comments:

Post a Comment