Friday, February 7, 2014

MAC Floral Fantasy Mineralize Blushes Azalea in the Afternoon and Petal Power Review and Swatches

It's been much too long since I've posted, so today I have something new, pretty, and springy for review. MAC's spring collection Floral Fantasy just hit counters yesterday and I have the two new LE Mineralize blushes for review, Azalea in the Afternoon and Petal Power ($29.50 CA/$25.00 US.) 

All photos in natural light, swatches on NC 35 skin - please excuse the dramatic shadows as I took them in the late afternoon.


MAC Mineralize Blush: Azalea in the Afternoon and Petal Power



Azalea in the Afternoon

Azalea in the Afternoon - A light, slightly cool pink that has a strongly frosted finish. On my NC 30/35 skin this will act more as a tinted highlighter than a cheek colour. Although it looks more yellow toned in the pot, it applies cooler on my yellow toned skin due to the high level of white toned frost. Very similar to MAC Mineralize Blush in Dainty although I think Dainty is less frosty. I think this could work as a blush for paler skins though it's never going to be highly pigmented.


Petal Power

Petal Power - A medium rose with gold shimmer and a strong duochrome finish on the skin when the light catches the gold shimmer. SO PRETTY! I predict this is going to be one of the first sell out products from this launch. It's highly pigmented but blendable and smooth. If you love coral blushes like Nars' Orgasm or Tom Ford's Love Lust you NEED this. Trust me.



Azalea in the Afternoon and Petal Power


Like other Mineralize Blushes these have a powdery texture, but they apply relatively well. Petal Power has to be one of the prettiest blushes MAC has put out in a while regardless of finish. If you even think you might want it - run, don't walk to your nearest counter! Azalea in the Afternoon is pretty but ultimately dupeable, not as pigmented and a tad too frosty for my liking.

Grades: Azalea in the Afternoon, B-
                Petal Power, A



No comments:

Post a Comment