Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Sephora Favourites Lash Stash Mascara Deluxe Sampler: Blinc Tubing Mascara Review


Blinc Mascara (formerly known as Kiss Me Mascara) is the original tubing mascara. Tubing mascara is mascara that creates tubes around your lashes, as opposed to regular mascara which paints your lashes. Blinc created the first tubing mascara and it's also water-resistant.

I received a deluxe sample of Blinc Mascara in the Sephora Favourites Lash Stash Mascara Deluxe Sampler.


A full-size Blinc Mascara is $24 US at Sephora and is only available in black. On the Blinc website, it's $25 US and is available in black, dark brown, medium brown, dark purple, dark green and dark blue.


Application-wise, it goes on just like a non-tubing mascara and builds just like a regular mascara as well. The only time you might notice the difference between this and a tubing mascara is when you're removing it but more on that later.

Blinc Mascara doesn't run, clump or smudge once it's applied. I found that it didn't do any of these things but I rarely have problems with mascara once it dries. 


As for the look it gives, I think it's very natural and soft-looking. My lashes look enhanced but not overly dramatic.


Removing it took a little bit more effort than I was used to. You have to work the mascara off your lashes with makeup remover or cleanser. It's water-resistant so unlike most mascaras, it takes a bit of work. I took a photo of one of the tubes that came off when I was washing my face one night. Odd, no? It looks like one of my lashes but it's not. 


I will be using our 5 point scale to rate and review this product.  To read a full description of the scale, please visit this post: http://beautysquared.blogspot.com/2009/11/beauty-squared-review-scale.html  


Value: 3
$24-$25 is pricey for a mascara. It's a good mascara but I don't know if the tubing quality makes it worth it. There are plenty of mascaras that don't run, clump or smudge that don't cost $25. But everyone is different and if this mascara makes your skirt blow up, it's worth it. 


Application: 4
I liked the brush of this mascara and it went on easily, building nicely. In applying it I got some on my eyelid, as I normally do with mascara. It didn't come off easily when I tried to wipe off the smudges on my eyelid, so points off there. 


Effectiveness: 5
This mascara gives a dramatic, but natural boost to your lashes. It does not smudge, run or clump as it promises it doesn't. It's also water-resistant.


C.



No comments:

Post a Comment