Saturday, July 2, 2011

MAC Blogger's Obsession Lipglass Review and Swatches

You know I do everything in my power to snag LE MAC products, but with the recent release of Blogger's Obsession I was stonewalled. Despite checking at midnight, and throughout the morning the day of the release I was shut out of getting any of the eye shadows, much to my annoyance.

I know I'm not the only one who missed out. There is still hope yet with new that MAC will start a wait list for the shades sometime in the next few weeks according to Temptalia. Let's hope I can get them for a review, if not MAC gets a black mark in my book, LOL.

Anyways, I did pick up the lipglasses from this collection. There are 5 LE shades, each created by a well known blogger. Photos taken in natural light on NC 40 skin.



Left to right: Evolution Revolution, Caqui, Sonoran Rain, 
Nitro:licious 2046 and All My Purple Life




Left to right: Evolution Revolution, Caqui, Sonoran Rain, 
Nitro:licious 2046 and All My Purple Life


Evolution Revolution: Created by Karen at Makeup and Beauty Blog (one of my favourite blogs), this lipglass is the sheerest of the bunch, a light, milky peach with multicoloured shimmer. Because of it's sheerness I see this shade working for everyone and on top of a multitude of lipsticks.

Caqui: Created by Lily at Beauty Maverick, Caqui is a pigmented medium orange which plays straight up orange (it looks more yellow in the photo than in real life), This is a great shade which should become a staple in MAC's permanent line. Every summer orange lips and nails come back into fashion - why not have this colour year round? If you don't think you can wear something this orange I would rethink and try this shade out.

Sonoran Rain: Created by Aileen at The Shades of U, Sonoran Rain is a pigmented deep coral red infused with golden shimmer. A very pretty shade which could work both in summer and fall. 

Nitro:licious 2046: Created by Wendy at Nitrolicious, this shade is a very pigmented beautiful red cream gloss. It has a very deep colour and it leans a little on the cool side, although it is neutral enough that I can see any skin tone wearing this shade. One of my favourites in the collection.

I have to wonder if the name is a reference to the Wong Kar Wai film 2046, which is visually stunning with a very saturated colour palette (red is a dominant colour in the film). If you haven't seen this movie I urge you rent it, it's beautiful.

All My Purple Life: Created by Patrice at Afrobella, this shade is pigmented, deep purple with silver shimmer. Again, a shade which I wish MAC would carry full time. There isn't many good purple or violet glosses out there.

General Comments

I'm impressed by the shades and quality of the lipglasses in this collection. My personal favourites are Caqui, Nitro:licious 2046 and All My Purple Life because of the intensity and uniqueness of the shades. I also appreciate that there is an offering of both cream and shimmer textures in the collection.

If you think you see something you might like in this grouping, I would pick it up now before they sell out. The glosses aren't as in demand as the shadows, but I do see them selling out sooner rather than later as more blogger's review them.

Anyone pick up anything of this collection?


No comments:

Post a Comment