Sunday, January 8, 2012

MAC Iris Apfel Eye Shadows Review and Swatches

I have to admit I did not really know much about Iris Apfel until I did a little research for this post. As it turns out, Mrs. Apfel is an esteemed interior designer, fashion icon and entrepreneur. She had her own retrospective at the Met in 2005, called Rara Avis (Rare Bird) which celebrated her solitary fashion style over the decades. She also has a degree in Art History from NYU. I'm beginning to seriously like this lady!

Anyways, Mrs. Apfel is back in the fashion spotlight with her recent collaboration with MAC. I have three of the five eye shadows for review in this post. All shadows are LE ($18.00 CA/$15.00 US), product photos taken with flash, swatch done in natural light on NC 40/42 skin.


Early Bird, Robin's Egg and Diamond Dove

All three shadows are matte and are well pigmented, smooth and easy to work with. It's nice to see MAC putting out some high quality, easy to work with mattes.


Early Bird, Robin's Egg and Diamond Dove

Early Bird is a pinky coral, Robin's Egg is a bright teal and Diamond Dove is a neutral grey-brown. I think Robin's Egg is the most unique colour of the grouping, but I think Diamond Dove is the work horse of the group. This is a great neutral colour for any skin tone and would work nicely in the crease with many shades.

J




No comments:

Post a Comment