Friday, December 21, 2012

L'Oreal Spring 2013 Preview - Colour Riche Caresse Shine Stain Lipcolour Review and Photos


I attended L'Oreal's Spring 2013 Preview recently and received three of their new Colour Riche Caresse Shine Stain Lipcolours in my take home bag.

Caresse Shine Stain Lipcolours have a hybrid formula made up of 30% water combined with light shine oils for a shiny kiss of colour with a subtly sensuous wet look. They retail for about $12.99 CDN each and come in 12 shades. They will be in stores in January 2013.


The three shades I received were Pink Resistance, Lilac Ever After and Eternally Nude. All very subtle, muted shades. Great for a natural hint of colour on the lips.

The bottoms of the tubes are where the wands are, unlike your typical lipgloss tube. The applicators themselves are different than any I'd seen before. They're like broader deerfoot applicators or more like a shovel. I'm not sure what the reason is for this. I found it a little challenging to apply the product with these applicators. It's something I would get used to and I imagine someone with fuller lips might appreciate a wider applicator surface.

The scent of these bothered me a little. I am not a fan of overly perfumed products but these struck me as smelling a bit chemically. Products for your lips should have an appealing scent, I think.



Pink Resistance looks like a bubble gum pink on the wand and in the tube but it's a more subtle, natural pink on my skin and on my lips. It has a hint of sparkle to it and has an interesting consistency. If I hadn't read the product information, I would've though that this was a very light gloss.


On my lips, it more or less disappears in my natural lip colour. It evens out the natural tone of my lips and adds a hint of sparkle and shine. 


For Ever Lilac is a light purple in the tube and on the wand and slightly plum-toned on my skin and on my lips. Again, it's a very subtle hint of colour on my lips. It looks natural. There's also that subtle, very pretty sheen and a touch of sparkle. I liked this shade the best of the three I received.



Eternally Nude looks like caramel and has the least amount of sparkle of the three I received. It is also very natural, very sheer and very subtle.



I didn't love these. I wasn't a big fan of the applicator, the scent or the effect. They stained very, very softly so if you have a lot of natural pigment to your lips this won't do a lot to change it. If you're looking for a lip product that gives a hint of colour and subtle sheen, you might want to check these out but a lip balm with a bit of colour to it will give you a similar effect AND provide your lips with moisture.

Grade: C

C.

No comments:

Post a Comment