Sunday, August 4, 2013

Beauty Squared Round-Up - August 4, 2013

Happy August! 


  • If you do your own manicures, there's a step you may be missing. Click through to see what it is.
  • Product recommendations and tips for contouring darker skintones.
  • Waterproof makeup that's actually, truly waterproof.
  • Yes, there's a job title that exists, called Celebrity Skin Finisher. These are folks who are responsible for making sure the tone and texture of our golden gods look as perfect as possible, Here they explain their jobs and share some of their tips.
  • In praise of the full eyebrow!
  • Tips for making your manicure last.
  • Butter London has launched a new colour collection, called Rock Your Colour, and it's not just nail lacquer. They've got cream cheek colour, lipstick, eyeliner, eyeshadow, tinted lip balm, mascara, gloss and liquid lipstick in bold, bright shades. View the shades on their website, here.
  • Remember side combs? I used to use them all the time and had totally forgotten about them until I saw this post.
  • I used to have a full-length mirror when I was teenager. It was oh-so-slightly distorted that it made my reflection look just slightly slimmer. I loved it. I think it helped my teenage self-confidence a lot. Apparently there's a mirror being sold now, that claims to make you look slimmer. What do you think? Healthy to see an altered reflection of yourself in this nature?
  • 41 Beauty Products That Really Work (according to Pinterest). 

No comments:

Post a Comment