Friday, August 9, 2013

OCC Nail Polish in Zoom Zooms - Review, Swatches and Photos


OCC is best known for their revolutionary Lip Tars but they've got other great products such as their loose colour concentrates (pigment powders that can be worn on the eyes, lips, cheeks and body), cream colour concentrates (cream colours that can be used on the eyes, lips, cheeks and body), tinted moisturizer, airbrush foundation, concealer, and nail polish. 

While in NYC recently, I picked up a bottle of their nail lacquer. This was one of their sale shades, so I'm not sure how easy it is to find now, but I wanted to do a post on it because it's a great shade and I wanted to highlight OCC's nail lacquers. 

The shade I chose was $5 and called Zoom Zoom. It's a metallic deep green-blue. When I first saw the bottle I thought the glitter looked really obvious but I LOVED the way it looked out of the bottle. The metallic swirl and glitter so evident in the bottle translate beautifully on the nails. 

It's not a subtle shade. It's deep and dark and metallic and gorgeous. 



I'm impressed with how Zoom Zooms applies. The brush is a touch on the long side and it's also thick so it takes a little getting used to. Zoom Zooms goes on well, these photos show only two coats. I love how dramatic this colour is, and also how 3D it looks. It's like looking into deep water. 

The bottle reminds me of the American Apparel polish packaging.

I'll definitely get some more OCC polishes. Zoom Zooms was on sale so that made it easy to snatch up but regular price ($10 US) they're not unreasonable. And the interesting and unique colours OCC comes out with are totally worth checking out, if that's your thing. OCC polishes can be found in OCC stores, on their website and at Sephora online. 

Grade: A-

C.



No comments:

Post a Comment