Monday, August 26, 2013

Sephora + Pantone Universe Graphic Lift Liquid Eyeliner - Review, Swatches and Photos


I love green. LOVE LOVE LOVE to wear it. But I've never tried it on my face. Sephora and Pantone teamed up this year again for the colour of the year, which is emerald for 2013. 

They have a number of products available including eyeshadow, blush and lip colours. I picked up the Sephora + Pantone Universe Graphic Lift Liquid Eyeliner recently. 

The packaging (pictured above) is pretty neat. Excessive, but pretty neat. 

The eyeliner wand itself is white, which is a nice switch from the typically black and dark gray packaging of most makeup brands. 



The eyeliner itself is a shimmery medium-toned green with a touch of gold to it. 

Here's what the Sephora website has to say about it: 

An all-day liquid eyeliner with a metallic finish and a striking Emerald hue. What it does: Discover the renewing, energizing power of Pantone’s Color of the Year with this smudge-proof eyeliner. The defined felt tip applicator promises ultimate precision and accuracy, allowing you to create looks both sophisticated and dramatic. The quick-dry, water-resistant formula promises excellent color payoff and a gorgeous glimmer from day into night. 

Swatched on NW15 skintone.
I'm not a fan of this style of liquid eyeliner applicator, with the brush tip. I prefer using a brush or a pen-tip applicator. Brush tip wands are difficult to use, I find. And the eye liner is quite liquid so it's not the easiest to work with. In the photo above, the eyeliner is still wet. After it dries, it deepens in colour

Here's a quick eye look I tried with it. I ringed my eyes with the liner and then used a black eyeliner pencil and smudged it into my lashline. I added a bit of silvery-white to give it a bit of highlight amd a bit of contour colour in my crease. Black mascara too - top and bottom. Simple, but with a bright colour and one I'm not used to wearing, it's a good way to start. 


The black grounds the bright green. This is an easy way to wear a bright colour - ground it with some black. 



My liner lines are a bit wobbly but that's due to the applicator wand and the sheerness of the product. I had to go over it again and again to get enough colour. It's almost watery in consistency, even after shaking it.

Disappointing. I also wish this had been a deeper, more jewel tone emerald green. 

It cost $18 CDN. 

Grade: C

No comments:

Post a Comment