Saturday, January 4, 2014

MAC Magnetic Nude Extra Dimension Eyeshadows Amorous Alloy and Silver Dawn: Photos, Swatches and Review

MAC's Magnetic Nudes collection was made available in stores on December 26 in Canada and after seeing all the online buzz about this collection, I did what I don't normally do on Boxing Day. I went shopping. I bought a lipstick, two eyeshadows and a blush from the Magnetic Nudes collection. This post will look at the Extra Dimension Blush in Autoerotique. 

But first, MAC didn't send us the preview photos and info about this collection (or Huggable Lipcolours or Punk Couture, etc) so here is some info about this gorgeous, shimmery collection.




Glimmering metallics and natural nudes redefine winter opulence. Skin is radiant with Extra Dimension Skinfinish. Smoky eyes get a metal effect, shaded with vibrant Extra Dimension Eye Shadow. Fluidline shines with a steely touch, while Opulash provides a powerful finish. Flushed nudes in Extra Dimension Blush, Lipstick and Lipglass are subtle yet sexy, for a look that’s naturally magnetic. Apply with the 128 Split Fibre Cheek and 235 Split Fibre All Over Eye Brushes.

This collection will sell out. So if you like the sound of metallic nude shades, including peachy tones and rose-gold, get thee to a MAC counter immediately! There are tonnes of swatches online as well - check out Temptalia's reviews and photos here, and Makeup and Beauty Blog's overview here. Trust me, it's gorgeous and there's something here for 
everyone.

In those post, I'll take a look at two of the eyeshadows from the Magnetic Nude collection = Amorous Alloy and Silver Dawn. 




All of the eyeshadows in this collection are Extra Dimension Eye Shadows, which means that they are "liquid powder eye shadows with prismatic reflections. Impact ranges from sheer crystallized light to to a highly polished metallic effect."

Amorous Alloy is described as a deep terracotta copper with metallic finish. It's a dark copper with red-brown tones and shimmery, soft texture. 




I wasn't sure about Amorous Alloy as I don't typically wear red-toned eyeshadows. While the red works beautifully with my blue eyes, it usually makes me look sick. But Amorous Alloy swatched so beautifully on my hand at the MAC counter, I couldn't say no. 

It's a beautiful coppery-red-brown shade and it's so beautifully frosted. It goes on smoothly, with gorgeous sparkle. Swatched it looks less red than it does in the pan. 

Amorous Alloy has excellent wear time. I saw no fading and there was no creasing after 8 hours and while it faded slightly after that, there was no creasing by the time I washed it off at the end of the day. I always wear a primer on my lids.

Amorous Alloy eyeshadow swatched on NW15 skin.

Silver Dawn is described as a dirty grey mauve with a metallic finish. I see a bit of green-gold in it. It's cool-toned.








I'm a big fan of greyish-browns - they're very easy to wear and tend to stand out in a subdued but dramatic way. Silver Dawn is no different though its layers of colour - grey, brown, gold, green, mauve - make it a real stand-out. And the gorgeous sheen. This is a shade that can be worn on its own or as an addition to a smoky eye.

Silver Dawn swatches very smoothly and has good wear time. With a primer (I always wear a primer), it lasted 12 hours without creasing. 

Silver Dawn Eyeshadow swatches on NW15 skin.
You can see how I wore both of these in my Magnetic Nude FOTD

Grade: A (for both)

No comments:

Post a Comment