Monday, January 20, 2014

MAC Magnetic Nude Superb Extra Dimension Skinfinish: Review, Swatches and Photos

MAC's Magnetic Nudes collection was made available in stores on December 26 in Canada and after seeing all the online buzz about this collection, I did what I don't normally do on Boxing Day. I went shopping. I bought a lipstick, two eyeshadows and a blush from the Magnetic Nudes collection. I also eyed the Extra Dimension Skinfinish in Superb, but did not buy it. I kept thinking about it and went back for it the following week. This post will look at the Extra Dimension Skinfinish in Superb. 

But first, MAC didn't send us the preview photos and info about this collection (or Huggable Lipcolours or Punk Couture, etc) so here is some info about this gorgeous, shimmery collection.



Glimmering metallics and natural nudes redefine winter opulence. Skin is radiant with Extra Dimension Skinfinish. Smoky eyes get a metal effect, shaded with vibrant Extra Dimension Eye Shadow. Fluidline shines with a steely touch, while Opulash provides a powerful finish. Flushed nudes in Extra Dimension Blush, Lipstick and Lipglass are subtle yet sexy, for a look that’s naturally magnetic. Apply with the 128 Split Fibre Cheek and 235 Split Fibre All Over Eye Brushes.

This collection will sell out. So if you like the sound of metallic nude shades, including peachy tones and rose-gold, get thee to a MAC counter immediately! There are tonnes of swatches online as well - check out Temptalia's reviews and photos here, and Makeup and Beauty Blog's overview here. Trust me, it's gorgeous and there's something here for everyone.


This post will look at the Magnetic Nude Extra Dimension Skinfinish in Superb. If you would like to see the posts looking at the rest of my haul, here are the links:


Magnetic Nude Extra Dimension Blush in Autoerotique
Magnetic Nude Extra Dimension Eyeshadows in Amorous Alloy and Silver Dawn
Magnetic Nude Amplified Creme Lipstick in Sensual Sparks



Extra Dimension Skinfinish is a liquid-powder highlighter with prismatic reflections that sculpt, highlight and models the face. Superb is described as a soft peachy-nude with multidimensional shimmer. 

It's a very, very pretty peach + champagne + warm rose shade which should work well on most lighter skintones, both cool and warm-toned. 

Photos! (Look how pretty! Gotta love highlighters!)



Superb is an exquisite highlighter. It needs to be tried to be believed. It's warm rose-gold colour allows it to meld seamlessly into the skin, as does the texture. The swatches below are done with my finger and depending on what you use to apply it, you'll get different results. The best I found was using my finger or a synthetic brush. 



I've been applying Superb to the tops of my cheekbones after I apply blush. It works beautifully with the Magnetic Nude Autoerotique blush. It looks very, very natural. I'm a big fan.

Have you tried Superb? 

Grade: A

C.

No comments:

Post a Comment