Thursday, January 1, 2015

Beauty Squared's 2014 Favourites



On this first day of the new year, we thought we'd share with you some of our favourite posts for the past year. And before we get started, we want to wish you a very, very Happy New Year and that the year ahead is full of wonderful things, especially beauty and magic.

Here are our picks for our favourite posts of 2014.


Looking back at all the collections from 2014, MAC's Alluring Aquatics has to be one of my favourites. From the formulas, to the colours, the packaging and the concept - MAC hit this one out of the park! - Jill

http://beautysquared.blogspot.ca/2014/05/mac-alluring-aquatic-extra-dimension.html


The Illamasqua Sculpting Powder Duo has turned me into a contouring fan. The contouring shade is perfect for my skintone and so easy to use. The highlight shade is gorgeous and gives the perfect amount of glow to my skin. 
- Catherine

http://beautysquared.blogspot.ca/2014/03/illamasqua-sculpting-powder-duo-review.html



Another favourite product from 2014...this past fall Tom Ford finally satisfied my inner eye shadow junkie by releasing this finely milled, buttery textured, highly pigmented smokey neutral quad. If only all the Tom Ford eye quads were like this (I would be BROKE)!
- Jill

http://beautysquared.blogspot.ca/2014/10/tom-ford-nude-dip-eye-color-quad-review.html


I've never bought any of Charlotte Tilbury's products but I've been tempted by Jill's reviews. The Fallen Angel Luxury Palette looks so beautiful...
- Catherine

http://beautysquared.blogspot.ca/2014/12/charlotte-tilbury-luxury-palette-in.html


I've found a holy grail product in these finely milled, luminous, never over-the-top highlighters from Clé de Peau Beauté. Definitely splurge worthy!
- Jill



MAC's Magnetic Nude collection came out in late December 2013, but I didn't get around to reviewing the items I'd purchased until January. I'm still thinking about this collection. The Extra Dimension Skinfinish in Superb is by far my favourite of those - silky, shimmery and so flattering. 
- Catherine



I love this EOTD by none other than my talented blog partner Catherine! A sophisticated, smokey look that contrasts cool blues and warm coppers and nudes. I love mixing up warm and cool tones and she does it so beautifully in this look. 
- Jill

I chose this post too, because it's a look I'm still surprised I put together. It's not a look I typically wear, but I really like it. It just shows how you should grab inspiration and run with it. 
- Catherine



2014 was the year we launched our Facebook page. It's been a fun year! You should join us. 

http://beautysquared.blogspot.ca/2014/01/our-new-facebook-page.html

No comments:

Post a Comment