Thursday, June 10, 2010

Gingers with Red Lips

Recently my new friend Lucky, head make-up artist for MTV Canada lamented that whenever she uses red lipstick on on-air personality Jessi Cruikshank, she hears about how redheads should never wear red lipstick. She disagrees and as an adopted redhead myself, I do too.

See?

OK, granted my hair looks more purple than red in this shot but my hair colour is called "Chocolate Cherry". It's red.

Here are some examples of more famous redheads rocking red lips:

Model and musician Karen Elson

Scottish frontwoman of the band Garbage, Shirley Manson

Actress and activist, Julianne Moore

Actress and bombshell, Christina Hendricks

Actress and Hollywood A-Lister, Nicole Kidman

Singer and Frontwoman of Florence & the Machine, Florence Welch

Award-winning actress Amy Adams
MTV Canada host of The Hills Aftershow, Jessi Cruickshank

Comedic legend and beloved icon, Lucille Ball

Up-and-coming IT Girl, Emma Stone

Canadian model Jessica Stam
*I am in LOVE with her make-up in this photo.

 So, what do you think? Can redheads wear red lips? 

C.

1 comment: