Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Soap and Glory Flake Away Review


I LOVE THIS BODY SCRUB.


This post could end right there, but that wouldn't be fair to you, would it? OK, I'll tell you why.


Soap & Glory is an English brand whose products I first spotted at Shoppers Drug Mart. They carry a line of body products with delightful packaging and cheeky branding, using retro imagery and playful messaging. It's reminiscent of, but more focused branding than Benefit Cosmetics.


I've tried a number of their products, and I'm a big fan of their Sexy Mother Pucker plumping lip gloss, their Clean On Me Shower Gel and their Righteous Butter body butter. But by far my favourite is their 
Flake Away Body Polish.


I love exfoliators. I have dry skin on my body and oily skin that breaks out. I get ingrown hairs and itchiness. Exfoliating helps keep my skin as normal as possible. But I also don't always moisturize as I should. My skin would be so much happier. And as we all know, exfoliating means you need to moisturize afterwards. So as much as I love exfoliators, I don't like the dryness it can leave behind.


Flake Away was recommended to me by my friend Stephanie so I tried it. It's got the Original Pink fragrance that's familiar to any Soap & Glory fans. And it feels luxurious and silky, like you're applying moisturizer. You apply it to your skin in the shower, and scrub away. Compared to all other shower scrubs I've used, Flake Away does not rinse off. You actually have to use your hands to rinse it off. And it's incredibly moisturizing properties leave your skin feeling smooth and soft afterwards, like you've applied a lotion. So really, Flake Away is a 2-in-1 product. It solves my problem!


I can't say enough about how gorgeous my skin feels after using Flake Away. There is no need for additional moisturizing after my shower or bath and it lasts all day.


If you've never tried Soap & Glory products, I recommend them to you. They're available at Walmart stores and Shoppers Drug Mart stores in Canada. Check the Soap & Glory website for more information and for availability near you.


C.

1 comment:

  1. You are right, this scrub is amazing! I love it too :)

    ReplyDelete