Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Sephora + Pantone Universe Emerald Mini Liquid Liner Review, Swatches and Photos

On a recent trip to Sephora to pick up a few of their new Outrageous Prisma Chrome eye shadows (review coming soon), I was offered the Sephora + Pantone Universe Emerald Mini Liquid Liner as a free sample with the redemption of 100 points. 

Pantone is a company that developed a proprietary system to systematically standardize and match colours across many different media - printed matter, fabric, plastics, paint etc. Every year Pantone names a "Colour of the Year" and as of 2012 they have  collaborated with Sephora to release a collection of cosmetics that play off that colour. This year the colour is emerald, and the mini liquid liner I got as a perk reward is actually part of a larger set called the Sephora + Pantone Universe Glitter Strobe Eyeliner set. The set is made up of four liners the same size as the sample (0.05 fl/1.4 ml), is limited edition and retails for $22 CAD. All photos taken in natural light, swatches on NC 40 skin.




Sephora + Pantone Universe Emerald Mini Liquid Liner

This liner has a matte finish, is well pigmented (above swatch is one pass) and has a good consistency which is not too wet or runny. It's hue is saturated and incredibly vibrant! I can't think of another liquid liner (or even pencil liner) that comes close to this colour. I don't have anything like it in my arsenal.

And while emerald is not my favourite shade of green (I usually prefer blue greens or yellow greens) I can't help but feel cheery when I see this colour...it makes me think of spring! In my quest for possible colour matches around my house I found a perfect match in the foam cover of a hanger I got back from the dry cleaners. The green painter's tape was lighter and slightly too yellow.


Does this green inspire you?

 Grade: A



2 comments:

  1. I love mint! But does this look more springy, grass green in person? Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Baroque

    Comparing it in person to the pictures I posted, it might be a pinch more yellow - but emerald is a green that sits almost dead center in the spectrum of greens - I wouldn't describe it as yellowy/grassy or as leaning towards teal.

    Jill

    ReplyDelete