Monday, June 17, 2013

butter LONDON Two Fingered Salute - Review, Swatches and Photos


When Jill and I were in New York City recently, we went to a store called Ricki's. There are a quite a few Ricki's in Manhattan, and they carry a wide range of hair supplies, some make-up, cosmetics and nail supplies. For beauty junkies, it's well worth a stop for lines like NYX, Stila, OPI, Essie and butter LONDON. While it's not as flashy as a Sephora, it's got products that you may not be able to find elsewhere, such as butter LONDON's Two-Fingered Salute, a Nordstroms limited edition exclusive.

I was sooooo curious about this shade when it was first launched last summer but as always, was hesitant to buy it without seeing it in person first. So when I saw it on the shelf at Ricky's I squealed.

Two-Fingered Salute: Similar to giving the bird in the states. Naughty! A muted, patinaed green-creme with copper micro-glitter.

This is a two-fingered salute - a UK version of giving someone the finger. 

Yes, you read that correctly, a green with copper glitter. Sounds weird, right? It looks a little weird too, but it's also really cool, very pretty and very different. I don't know if I'd wear this shade of green without the copper, it's verging on pastel. 


Two-Fingered Salute goes on beautifully, as do all the butter LONDON polishes I've tried. In the photo below I'm wearing three coats, but that's more my application technique than the product. This would probably work fine with two coats. The copper glitter is subtle and embedded in the polish, so it's not an uneven finish. 

You see mainly the green but at certain angles, the copper glitter creates a sheen and at other angles you see the individual copper particles. 




This is a great shade. I'm a huge fan of butter LONDON polishes as you may know from reading this blog. Each new one I try, I fall in love a little bit more. It's a combination of the names of the polishes as well as the uniqueness of many of the shades. butter LONDON is not an inexpensive polish, but they're beautiful polishes. They cost around $18 CDN. 

Grade: A

No comments:

Post a Comment