Monday, July 1, 2013

Deborah Lippmann The Stripper To Go Nail Lacquer Remover Finger Mitts Review


The Deborah Lippman Stripper To Go Nail Lacquer Remover Finger Mitts (deep breath) are convenient little sealed fingertip mitts that you can use when travelling or whenever you need to quickly remove your polish.

The fingertip mitts are individually packaged and saturated with Deborah Lippman's award-winning lavender lacquer remover. It contains aloe vera to help prevent dehydration and lavender for fragrance and anti-bacterial properties. One mitt cleans all ten nails.

6 for $12.00 at Nail Polish Canada.



Jill:

The first thing I noticed when I opened the package was the absence of nose hair burning scent. On the contrary to most nail polish removers, this product has a lavender scent which though strong, is much more preferable to the majority of polish removers out there. I was skeptical that one little mitt would clean all 10 fingers, but I used one mitt to clean off a dark polish (plus base + top coat) and it worked quite nicely. I did find that for that final wipe to remove any last traces of polish it was better to just use the mitt as you would a cotton pad as the inside of the mitt gets saturated with polish fairly quickly. The mitt stays wet with remover for quite a long time because it is very saturated - so you don't have to worry about working super fast.

These would be a great product for travelling, but as Catherine mentions below, they work out to be quite expensive on a per use basis. Like any polish junkie, I like to change my nails once a week and I could never afford to use these year round! I have given them a grade to reflect their effectiveness, not their relative expensiveness.

Grade: A


Catherine:

These are the second nail lacquer remover finger mitts/pads that I've tried (the first came in my June Glymm box). They're a clever idea, especially for travel purposes. They cost $12 CDN for 6 mitts and each mitt claims to clean all ten nails so that works out to $2 per nail polish removal. Pretty pricey if you remove nail polish weekly like I do. Just like with the La Fresh finger mitts I tried, the scent of these is refreshing compared to the cheap drugstore polish remover I typically use. These have a distinctive lavender scent although there's still a strong chemical scent underneath. The feel of the Deborah Lippmann polish remover is different too; it's soft and moisturizing rather than drying. I found the mitts well-moistened and effective for removing even thick, multi-layered polish like butter LONDON's Gobsmacked

Grade: A


No comments:

Post a Comment