Wednesday, June 13, 2012

MAC Beth Ditto Pro Longwear Lipcreme Review, Swatches & Dwyane Wade?

MAC's recent Beth Ditto collection features four new, LE Pro Longwear Lipcremes, for this review I have Booyah! and Dear Diary...but before we get to that, let's discuss NBA pro baller Dwyane Wade of the Miami Heat.

For those not familiar with Dwyane, aka D-Wade, aka the Flash, aka arguably the best (second best?) player on his team, he plays guard for the Miami Heat. In his 9 year NBA career he has won the NBA Championship (2006), named Finals MVP (2006), Scoring Champion (2009), and has played on the All-Star team for 7 consecutive years.

Did I also mention this man rocks some seriously hard fashion?



Just a few weeks ago D-Wade sent the sports world into a tizzy when he showed up for game 6 against the Indiana Pacers wearing bright pink pants. But D-Wade doesn't sweat the small stuff, he knows that haters gonna hate, he also knows that this summer brights, particularly coral and pink are taking the fashion and makeup world by storm...and he's listening.

Witness Booyah! and Dear Diary Pro Longwear Lipcremes. I imagine if you mixed these two you'd have an exact match for D-Wade's pants. Both colours are LE ($20.00 CA/17.00 US), photos taken in natural light on NC 35/40 skin.




MAC Pro Longwear Lipcreme Dear Diary & Booyah!

Dear Diary - a bright, almost neon blue based pink with opaque coverage.

Booyah! - a true, bright medium orange with opaque coverage.

These are my first acquisitions in the Pro Longwear Lipcreme range. Usually I avoid long wearing lipsticks like the plague because they tend to be drying and look very flat. Both shades are creamy and glide on nicely, and while I wouldn't say that they are very moisturizing, they do not feel dry on the lips. The intensity and brightness of the shades in the tubes translates well and that intensity of colour also helps these particular shades last. MAC claims they last 12 hours, but I think for any lipstick that is a tall claim. As someone who is continuously drinking water or eating, I'm satisfied when a lip product lasts 6-8 hours. Personally I would much rather sacrifice wear time for comfort and I think MAC has struck a good balance in these lipsticks between product longevity and comfort. 

All in all these are fun colours in a good formula. If you like the shades but are afraid of the brightness I suggest watering these down with a clear gloss or lipbalm. As a side note I did find after wearing these that there was some staining of my lips (and my lips are very red naturally). I would recommend using a flesh toned lip pencil as a base for those who want to avoid staining.

Grade: A

J

No comments:

Post a Comment