Monday, January 14, 2013

LOreal Spring 2013 Preview - Telescopic Shocking Extensions


New from L'Oreal for Spring 2013 is their Telescopic Shocking Extensions Mascara. Here's what they have to say about it:

Even good girls can be a little shocking! The newest spokesperson for L'Oreal Paris, none other than the fabulous Lea Michele, creates distractingly long lashes with Telescopic Shocking Extensions mascara. Our lash-hugging brush is ergonomically shaped to fit the contour of the eye line to define every single lash - even the smallest ones. Containing 200 bristles, it captures them lash-by-lash to create incredibly long, perfectly defined lashes. The next-generation lengthening formula coats and lengthens lashes from root-to-tip for truly shocking lash length. Available in both regular and waterproof formulas, the look of lash extensions is now just one mascara away.

Suggested retail price: $12.99

I have it in Blackest Black. 

Here's the 200 bristle brush without any product on it (it comes packaged separately from the tube of mascara). 


And here is it with product on it. 


Here is Telescopic Shocking Extensions Mascara on my lashes (top lashes only). It most definitely gives a lot of length and the brush's flexibility allows to get at (presumably) every lash. The flexibility of the brush throws me off a little. It's almost too flexible. If your lashes can push it around, wow, that's flimsy, right? It's effective but I don't like it. It takes a little getting used to and may make you more prone to eyelid mascara blotches.

And Telescope Shocking Extensions Mascara does a good job of lengthening but there's no thickening whatsoever. It does what it says though, gives good length. My lashes are pretty long on their own, so I prefer a mascara that gives me some fullness. With Shocking Extensions I feel like my lashes look pretty natural, not like I'm wearing extensions. They're on the anemic side.




You'll like this mascara if you want a very long, soft, fluttery lash look and don't need or don't want any additional fullness. You'll also like this mascara if you have full lashes and want to add a bit of length. 

I'll wear this mascara on days when I'm going for a very natural look.

Grade: B

No comments:

Post a Comment