Sunday, February 3, 2013

Vichy Lift Activ Serum 10 Youth Enhancing Serum Review and Photos

Apologies for the weird-looking, bad photo.
The box is highly reflective, so it was very difficult to photograph using a flash.


According to Vichy: 

"Liftactiv Serum 10 is the only serum that has it all: efficacy + tolerance + pleasure. It contains 10% Rhamnose, which is so concentrated that you will feel the first results almost immediately.  In just 10 min, your skin becomes velvety smooth and lifted. In 1 month, the full power of Rhamnose blossoms in your skin and transforms the skin. It impacts wrinkles, firmness, pores and even boosts overall skin radiance."

Apparently it took the Vichy labs 2 years and 180 formulation trials to achieve this anti-aging power concentrated in such an incredible texture while maintaining 100% tolerance; so even the most sensitive of skins can use this product.

The LiftActive Serum 10 is sold in a 30 mL size and retails for $55 CDN. It is available in most drugstores across the country.

This product was sent by PR to Beauty Squared for consideration of review.




Jill

Upon application of this serum I immediately noticed a tightening effect on my skin. After application my skin felt better hydrated, smooth and firmer. I likes how light weight this serum felt - even when worn under a rich moisturizer, my combination skin did not feel oily or suffocated.

Admittedly I don't have a lot of experience with anti aging/firming serums, but I will say that the extent of the firming and lifting sensation I experienced with Liftactiv 10 was surprising to me. I am in my 30's, and so I am developing some fine lines and slackness in my skin. This serum did help improve those symptoms while I was wearing it - but because my symptoms are not more pronounced, and I'm not using it long term, I can't definitively say this serum is capable of correcting those skin conditions.

One small drawback of this product for me is the packaging. I personally dislike any medicine dropper systems because I find them messy and wasteful. First, there's always the chance that you will drop the dropper on the floor thus contaminating it. Second, I always find that I end up dropping spare drops of serum on the counter, the floor or my clothes...but Catherine likes this system, so maybe I'm just a germophobic klutz? Anyways, while I found the packaging annoying it didn't really detract from the product itself.

Grade: A


Catherine

I loved Vichy's LiftActiv Serum 10 Youth Enhancing Serum on my first application. Like other serums it goes on smoothly and feels velvety but what made this one stand out was how my skin felt after applying it. Not only was it smooth and velvety to the touch but it felt plumper and healthier from the inside as well. 

Packaging-wise I really liked the medicine dropper applicator which gives you the the perfect amount of serum for one application with the push of a button. It was also helpful to get to the last little bit out of the bottle. The glass bottle was impressive as well, helping to keep the serum on the cool side for an added soothing effect on the skin. It also made the product feel expensive.

How did it work, compared to my usual serum? Well, I can't say that my skin looked very different, but there was a slightly silkier feel with the Vichy serum and my skin did look more radiant. My skin felt richer, plumper, tighter, and healthier overall, but only moderately so. I don't know if it's worth paying $15 more for the Vichy serum. 

If you're looking for a serum, this definitely is one I'd recommend. I used every last drop of the bottle I was sent. Well done, Vichy!

Grade: A
 

No comments:

Post a Comment