Sunday, January 23, 2011

LUSTING No More: NARS Cruising Lipstick vs MAC Mellow Mood


Around this time last year, I was lusting after the lipstick in NARS' spring collection, inspired by Catherine Deneuve in La Chamade. I'd tried it on and swatched it a few times but I'd never bought it. I'm very, very good at deciding I don't need to buy things. To a fault. Cruising always beckoned to me for some reason even though it was very natural on me, almost the exact shade of my lips. But there I was at Sephora a few days ago, swatching it once again. I had it in my head that it was time to own the darn thing when it occurred to me that I might already own a nearly identical shade.


Before Christmas, I bought one of the MAC A Tartan Tale lip bags - Vain and Glorious - and the lipstick it came with, Mellow Mood, was a very natural pink, almost the same colour as my lips. I wore it quite a bit and had it in my bag, so I swatched it next to Cruising. Lo and behold they were nearly the same colour, with Mellow Mood being slightly more pigmented. 


And with that, my lusting over Cruising came to an end. Problem solved!



I still should see La Chamade though.

C.

No comments:

Post a Comment