Monday, January 25, 2010

Chanel: Particuliere Le Vernis Nail Colour

Ever since the advent of Chanel's Vamp in 1994 (Rouge Noir in Canada and Europe), nail polish has benefited from increasing status as a cosmetic and fashion accessory. Fast forward a decade or so later and the originators of the "must have" nail polish are still at it. We've had Black Satin, Blue Satin, Kalidescope, Nuit de Russie, Jade and now...Particuliere!



Particuliere is a slightly greyed taupe.  It reminds me of mushrooms, cafe au lait and cement.  When I first saw it, I thought it would be too brown on me, and I don't like brown polishes.




On my NC 35-40 skin, it looks less brown than in the bottle and more like cement, which is a good thing in my books. It is well pigmented and flows on the nail smoothly - 2 thin coats (as pictured) is all you need for full opacity. This polish sells for $26.00 CA and is of course, limited edition. It is out right now on counters, so if it strikes your fancy run down and grab it.

What do you think of the latest "must have" polish?

J

No comments:

Post a Comment