Saturday, January 2, 2010

Guerlain: Bal De Minuit Ombre Eclat 4 Couleurs

I'm really late to game reviewing this item from Guerlain's Imperiale Christmas Collection.  The reason I'm so late is that I rarely buy Guerlain, due to the price factor.  The last item I bought from the high end line was probably at least a year and a half ago.

Anyways, I was waiting for a friend in a department store and out of boredom wandered over to the Guerlain counter and swatched this fairly unassuming palette.  Well I was surprized when I saw how gorgeous the shadows were!

Swatches done in natural light on NC 40 skin.






Guerlain Ombre Eclat 4 Couleurs: Bal De Minuit

Inside the smooth silver case are four shimmery, metallic shadows: a subtle white gold, a pale pink, a cool metallic taupe and a rich cool toned chocolate brown.

First off I'm a sucker for cool toned neutrals and metallic taupes, so I fell in love right away.  The texture of the shadows is excellent and they are very well pigmented, especially the two darker colours.



Left to right: white gold, pale pink, metallic taupe, cool chocolate brown


Although this isn't a particularly unique quad, the colours are gorgeous, go together nicely and blend like a dream.  The metallic taupe shade was enough to sell me. As a taupe conoisseur, I consider the metallic taupe in this palette to be right up there with some of the classics (MAC Satin Taupe, Chanel Vega, Shu Uemura ME Brown 850). The cool chocolate brown colour is also a great colour for smoked out eyes. 

This item is sold out in many locations. However, if it interests you it's worth doing some detective work to find it (I had to do a lot of calling around).  I found mine at Holt Renfrew which weirdly had everything in the whole collection in stock just a few days before Christmas. I have also seen the palette on ebay for not too much over what it costs retail ($62.00 CA).

J

No comments:

Post a Comment