Friday, January 22, 2010

The Tip Off: A simple trick to make you look rested!


I have fair skin which I love, protect from the sun and enhance as best I can. However, fair can often look pale, as in unwell, which is not a flattering look. I frequently neglect to get enough sleep, whether it be restlessness, insomnia, or simply out late (or a combination of all three) and have gotten comments "Are you feeling ok?", "You look pale." from coworkers, friends and family on occasion. My trick: blush!

Of course, undereye concealer and de-puffing is probably necessary (everyday for me, not just too-soon-mornings) but the key for me is blush. Rosy cheeks can make a pale complexion look healthy, well-rested and youthful. It works for me. I never get told I look tired or that I look like I'm not feeling well when I have rosy cheeks.

Something bright is key - think rose, peach or coral - and apply it in thin layers to the apples of your cheeks for a natural glow. Creams and liquids tend to look more natural than powders but you can also layer a cream or liquid blusher with a powder for a more 3D effect.

You'll never look exhausted again!

C.

3 comments:

  1. Agreed! That's why I've got it on now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed x2!! But for me I love blush so much it's all I can do not to put too much on! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blush is easy to overdo. I find using natural light the most helpful (though not always possible) when I'm applying it. Smile and the fleshy parts of your cheeks (the apples) is where to start swirling a small amount on and then you can add as you need to. I like to layer a cream blush with a touch of powder for a 3D effect.

    C.

    ReplyDelete