Thursday, April 21, 2011

FOTD: Smoky Copper Eye



I forget sometimes how pretty and sexy a simple smoky eye can be. I was inspired by a PixiWoo video and the Laura Mercier Metallic Cream Eyeshadow in Burnished Copper for this look which is very simple and packs quite a punch. 


Here's how I got the look.


For my base I wanted a natural, healthy glow so I applied Olay Total Effects Moisturizer and then topped it with Sally Hanson Inspired By Carmindy Airbrush Spray Makeup which I applied with a JoeFresh Beauty foundation brush. Under my eyes and in the spots I needed it, I used Vasanti concealer (highly recommended). 


My blush is MAC Mineralize Blush in Warm Soul, which I applied in a half circle shape from my cheeks up to my temples. This is one of my very favourite products - it gives an instant warmth and glow to my skin. I highly recommend it.

For my eyes, I applied the Laura Mercier Metallic Cream Eye Colour in Burnished Copper to my eyelid, blending it from lash line up to the crease in a thin layer with a flat eyeshadow brush. I also swept it lightly along my lower lash line. This is a beautiful product with lots of shine. I'd wear it on its own.


On top of the cream colour, I applied a combination of Bare Escentuals Eyeshadow in Cashmere and MAC Pigment in Most Darling (from the A Tartan Tale 2010 holiday collection) for a goldy-brown finish. I blended the powder into the cream but concentrated it on the lid, leaving a touch of red to show through around the edges. 

Bare Escentuals Cashmere

MAC Pigment in Most Darling
To finish the eyes, I applied MAC Eyeliner Pencil in Teddy (it's a warm brown) to my waterline and smudged it out into the lashline. Applying eye pencil to the waterline gives your eyes a smoky, sultry look. It's one of my very favourite techniques. Using shades other than black to line your waterline gives a softer effect.


I curled my lashes with my Shu Uemura eyelash curler. My mascara is Maybelline Great Lash Blackest Black Mascara on the top, applied heavily to fit with the sultry eye look and Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara on the bottom lashes. 




Finally, I applied MAC Lip Pencil in In Synch to my lips and topped it with Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker lipgloss for a very nude lip.  



This is so easy and so sexy. It's a softened smoky eye that can be worn for day or night. Try it and let us know how it works!

C.

2 comments:

  1. Those colours really are lovely - you are very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Fiona! I don't wear a lot of warm colours normally. It was a bit of a shock to look in the mirror with this on.

    C.

    ReplyDelete