Monday, August 29, 2011

MAC Me Over Makeovers and Haul Swatches



To celebrate the release of the MAC Me Over collection last week, MAC stores were offering free makeovers with the purchase of $55 worth of product. A friend and I took advantage and got made over, which is a real treat for me. I don't normally justify getting something done that I can easily do on my own. 

I like that MAC offered these makeovers with the MAC Me Over collection. It's quite a neutral and subdued colour-wise collection and these shades can be intimidating for many people to wear. However, if you look at the makeovers of the six people MAC chose to represent this collection, you can see that these are not boring products. 

Because it's not a makeover without before and after photos, Jenn and I took before and after photos of each other.

Here's Jenn before:


And here's Jenn after: 


Jenn had asked for dark and dramatic and was disappointed with what she got. I think she looks sophisticated and very pretty. 

These are the products used on Jenn:

The MAC Me Over Lady Grey palette (three of the four shadows) was used on her eyes and then the make-up artist lined her eyes with Dark Diversions Fluidline. Jenn's blush is Dainty and her face was powdered with a MAC Mineralize powders. Her lipstick is MAC Me Over's Rebel, applied lightly. 




Here's my before:

 And my after: 


I asked for a smoky eye and really liked the result. My eyes look bigger in the after photo wearing heavier makeup. 

My MUA used the MAC Me Over Fluidline in Avenue all over my eye, applying it more heavily in the crease and along the lashlines. Then she topped Avenue with Moody, the blackened green in the MAC Me Over Evil Eye quad, in the same manner (darker in the crease and along the lashlines). Finally she used Avenue to line both my top and bottom lashlines with an angle brush. 

She applied MAC Me Over Stunner blush to my cheeks and topped it with some Soft & Gentle Mineralize Skinfinish for a glowy effect. On my lips is Whirl lip pencil and Frou lipstick.

Some fun photos taken on my iPhone:




Here's what I ended up buying from MAC Me Over:
  • Stunner blush
  • Tundra shadestick
  • Avenue and Midnight Skies fluidlines



The Tundra shadestick is an icy silver and it was one of the products I really wanted to check out. I love the eye look on Xee below, particularly the way the light hits the silver beneath her eyes.





Tundra swatched
The MAC Me Over fluidlines are fantastic. I already own Dark Diversion and I picked up Midnight Blues and Avenue as well.


Here's Midnight Blues, a blackened blue.





Midnight Blues fluidline swatched


This will be gorgeous as a simple cat eyeliner in place of a traditional black. 

Avenue was used as the base of my smoky eye makeover as well as as a liner. It's a charcoal black with gold pearlized pigments. 





Avenue fluidline swatched
Stunner blush was pretty much mine when I first saw the preview photos and swatches online. It's a light coral pink and I am wearing it in my after makeover photo (under Soft & Gentle Mineralize Skin Finish). 





Stunner blush swatched
What did you get from MAC Me Over? It's such a great collection - go in and ask any MAC make-up artist about the products. 

C.


3 comments:

  1. That's a great offer from MAC! Both you girls look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you both look lovely, your eyes look amazing and blue.
    Grace xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Cath

    You two look great! Can you list what products were used on you & Jen in your makeovers?

    J

    ReplyDelete