Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Sephora Favourites Lash Stash Mascara Deluxe Sampler: Laura Mercier Long Lash Mascara Review


The Laura Mercier Long Lash Mascara was included in the Sephora Favourites Lash Stash Mascara Deluxe Sampler. Here's my review:


Laura Mercier's Long Lash Mascara info:

For long, defined lashes.
Perfectly engineered brush, designed to meet Laura's specifications, dramatically lengthens and defines lashes while enhancing the eyes.
An innovative stretch formula lengthens, separates and curls each lash making lashes appear longer in just two strokes.
Long-wearing, water-resistant and smudge-proof.
Contains rich dark pigments to enhance lash colour for maximum drama.
Clump-free, fiber-free, paraben-free and opthamologist tested.
Suitable for contact lens wearers.

A fullsize tube retails for $24 US and is available at Sephora stores and http://www.sephora.com/




This is a deluxe Sephora sample, so not a full-size tube as you'd get if you bought it at Sephora or from Laura Mercier directly. The only difference between the full-size tube and the deluxe sample is the length of the tube and amount of product. The brush part of the wand is fullsize as is the width (chunkiness of the tube), but the handle is shorter so application may take some getting used to. Thick cap, short wand, fullsize brush - this isn't easy to manipulate close to your face.







I found this mascara quite wet (the wetter the mascara, the more curl your lashes will lose) and it reduced the curl in my lashes I'd just created with my eyelash curler. My lashes are naturally quite straight so I need them to be as curled as possible. Apart from the reduced curl, my lashes look fairly natural, but thicker, longer and defined. 



If you have naturally curly lashes, this mascara would probably be fine for you. 

The smudge-free claim is accurate. I didn't notice any smudges during the day and it came off easily when I washed my face at the end of the day. It did a great job lengthening my lashes and the effect is very soft and natural.

I wouldn't buy this mascara because it kills the curl in my eyelashes but otherwise it's a good one.

C.

No comments:

Post a Comment