Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A Simple Semi Precious FOTD


I liked the idea of a dark green eye and a soft pink lip and two of MAC's recent Semi Precious collection fit the bill perfectly.


The look I created was pretty simple, as it's summer and very hot, so who wants to plaster on make-up?






MAC Semi Precious Dark Indulgence Mineralize eyeshadow

Dark Indulgence Mineralize Eyeshadow is a blackened green with shimmer. I started with a little and kept building it up, from the lashline up to the crease and blended slightly above. And that's it, really. It's a simple, vampy eye look.



Here's what else I used.


Vasanti concealer, Korres foundation and MAC Mineralize Skinfinish powder
Concealer applied under my eyes and on any redness the foundation didn't cover. I used the MSF powder to set everything.

MAC eyeshadow in Silverwear (Frost) from the
 A Tartan Tale 6 Beauties Play It Cool Shadows palette
I used Silverwear as a highlighting colour on my browbone and on the inside of my eyes. I also used it to blend Dark Indulgence along the edges.



Tarte Eyelash Curler
L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara in Black 
MAC Semi-Precious Lipstick in Gem of Roses
Gem of Roses is a very pretty MLBB (my lips but better) shade. It's soft enough to pair with the dark green eye but gives a soft pink rosiness to the lips. 

  • I used no blush or brow colour as the eyes are quite heavy. 
  • Not pictured is the dark grey eyeliner I used on my waterline. 


And there you have it, my Semi Precious FOTD! Vampy, colourful and very simple. Let me know what you think.

C.


3 comments:

  1. love the eye look and i love the lipstick color

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look super pretty, i want your high cheekbones!! Fab eyeshaddow :)
    Grace xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Paula and Grace! Gem of Roses is a fantastic lipstick and I love the dark metallic green of Dark Indulgence!

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete